Pages

Tuesday

Seth Godin figured me out



Every day I get dozens of emails, tweets, RSS feeds and eNewsletters from some of the worlds best thinkers. But one stands out. Every morning, I wake up and look for the latest blog entry from Seth Godin. Here's why. Seth provides clear, concise, relevant topics from technology to business to education to customer service to non-profit organizations and everything in between. But here's the kicker: His approach is not "Here's a little wisdom, buy my book if you want the rest of the story." He doesn't use this forum to promote his business, seminars, best selling books, or consulting services.

And guess what? Every day I am motivated by his thoughts and pass along his articles to family and co-workers who I think would enjoy them. It helps me get in the right mindset for the day.

And guess what else? When Seth publishes his next book, I would wait in line to buy it. Because I know his information will be relevant and valuable. Just because he doesn't charge for it the first time, doesn't mean it isn't valuable. Its just the opposite. It has to be that much more valuable or it would be easy for me to disregard.

As a matter of fact, Seth- if you happen to read this- put me down for two of your next book whenever you write it. I'll keep one and give one away. And let me know when you come to Raleigh, NC. I'll be there.